Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Monday, January 27, 2014

Late last year I read a book that I want to share with you on this blog because it was just that good. It's Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. My friend gave me this book for Christmas and I'm so glad she did. Usually when I go to the bookstore or order books I stick to young adult (sometimes I'll stray out of that section). So this book isn't something I really wouldn't have bought for myself. I'm just going to share my goodreads review of the book on here. 

"This book was amazing. I laughed and I cried. Being born in the 90's, I'm didn't understand the 70's or 80's as well as I would have if I lived then. But what I did understand was the friendship, the mother-daughter relationship and the love stories. Ms Hannah writes in such a way I thought I was living the story with TullyandKate. Their friendship was beautiful. The emotions were so real. That's why I cried, I was emotionally involved with this book and felt like I knew the characters. That's why I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and it's now in my favorites self. Read it, even if it's not usually something you'd usually read. This book is relatable to everyone."

P.S. I heard there's a sequel but I'm not sure I want to read it. I don't want to ruin the book by reading a not-so-great sequel!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.