Introduction, The Handmaid's Tale and The Impostor!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hello everybody! I decided to start a book blog! I've been watching BookTube for a while now and I'm also on goodreads so that inspired me to start some sort of blog. I might join the BookTube community in a little bit. But, ever since I started using goodreads, I've been reading a lot more. It's such a great community to find new and different book, as well as booktube!
Anyways, I decided I'll start out with what I'm reading right now, The Handmaid's Tale by Atwood. I started to read this book because a goodreads group called BookTube Reading Buddies decided to read it in January so I joined the fun!

The Handmaid's Tale so far (I'm on page 79) is an interesting story. It's really detailed oriented but it's not boring at all. Ms Atwood paints the story slowing in small detail which adds mystery! Anyways, I'm at the point where I think I know what she is, some sort of woman who has babies for people. It seems like woman who are able to bear children are scarce in this world so they assign women to bear children. That's just what I gather from what I've read. This book keeps me guessing. I want to know why the world in this book is like it is and how it got there. Why does she have to wear the red robe with the white winged hat? Who's Nick and how does he fit into the story? And who's the commander? I'll guess we will have to wait and see!

I'd also like to do a review (nonspoiler) of Imposter by Susanne Winnacker.


This book was amazing! The synopsis compares it to Veronica Mars and I've never seen that show. This book makes me want to see what that show is all about! There's a girl named Tess who is a Varient, someone with a special ability. She been with this agency called Forces with Extraordinary Abilities, which is a sub-division of the FBI, for the past two years. Tessa can absorb DNA from other people by touching them and then change her body to an exact copy of that person. There's other Varients like her like her friend Holly, her "friend" Alec and her not-so-friend Kate. Tessa has been in love with Alec ever since she was brought into the FEA. However, Kate is dating Alec after coming back from a mission. Tessa gets to start her first mission when she has to pose as a girl that's dying (she poses as her once she's dead) in order to figure out who's the serial killer in this small town in Oregon. Alec goes on the mission with her to keep her safe. That's as far as I'm going to go with the description because you'll have to read it in order to find out what happens! I recommend that you read it! It was such an interesting story and pretty unique. I haven't read a book with the same kind of story. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on goodreads.
*I should mention I received a free ebook from Hachette Children's Books on netgalley for an honest review in return. Getting a free ecopy wouldn't make my review biased just to be clear.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.