What I'm reading right now..

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'm reading Splintered right now and it's good so far! I'm on page 230 so I have still have over 100 pages to read. I like this take on the fairy-tale Alice in Wonderland. Come to think of it, I've never heard of another young adult book about Alice. So this is the only young adult take on Alice's story (again, to my knowledge, I might be wrong!). Can I mention the cover? I have a small obsession with book covers. Have I mentioned this before? I mean, just look at it:
Amazing, right?! It's so whimsical! Looking at this picture now, I just noticed the little quote on the cover "welcome to the real wonderland". That sounds so legitimate and I have no idea why. Like, welcome to the real story because Lewis Carroll had it all wrong. Ha! Anyways, about the story itself, I like Jeb's character. But I also like Morpheus. I want Alyssa to end up with Jeb of course but there's just something about Morpheus. Maybe it's the fact that you can tell through his actions that he cares for Alyssa. But there's a part of them that's totally sinister. I could just see him betraying Alyssa because he's shady. It's complicated. Also, fortunately for me there's no love triangle even though they both care for Alyssa. She cares for Morpheus and is confused by her emotions towards him but she cares more about Jeb. That's just what I think. I can't wait to see what happens. Will Morpheus betray Alyssa? Will Alyssa be back in time to save her mother? I hope I'm not ruining the book but I don't think they're major plot story lines. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quote's from Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” 

xEmily

2 comments:

LostInOwnWorld said...

An intriguing review! Now I'm interested in this book too :D And you're right, the cover is awesome! :)

Miley Ann said...

Thanks Victoria! :)

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.