January Reads and February TBR

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hi everyone! Thank you to my first followers for following me! Here's the books that I read in the month of January.



Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah was such a good book, I gave it 5 out of 5 star. Who doesn't love a good life-long friendship story?

I was lucky enough have the chance to read Impostor by Susanne Winnacker on netgalley and I thought it was interesting! I rated it 4 out of 5 stars on goodreads.

The Beautiful and the Cursed was a book I picked up while I was in Canada. Such an interesting story about gargoyles! I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson was such a great thriller book! It definitely took me by surprise. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Splintered I just did a review on, I'm not really doing these books in the order that I read them just to let you know! I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Soulless by Gail Carriger was another book I picked up in Canada. It's more on the adult paranormal side but it was still an enjoyable book. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because Alexia's spunkiness.

Dragonfly by Julia Golding is a book I haven't really seen on BookTube that often, I think I stumbled upon it on goodreads. Ah goodreads, you are amazing. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Lastly, The Handmaid's Tale by Maragret Atwood. I was pleasantly surprised by this book! I read this book in a goodreads group and if it wasn't for this group I probably wouldn't have read it. Atwood's writing style is amazing. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.

That's it for what I read in January and I'll be reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss in February! It's my first high-fantasy read, so I'm excited to read it in a group on goodreads!

 I hope you have a lovely day!
Emily

4 comments:

Zia Bee said...

The Handmaid's Tail sounds interesting:) I may try it:)

Miley Ann said...

It's really good! :)

Elisa Fernandes said...

Hey there! As you dropped by my blog (Lii's Adventures in Bookland) I decided to come check if you had one yourself. I was very please to find out that you do have a book blog. Your theme is fabulous and I do need to read 'Hunting Lila' and 'Splintered'! What were your thoughts on them?

By the way, if you need anything let me know (message me through my blog). I don't really know that many other book blog owners so it's always nice to talk to one.

Also I just followed your blog! :)
Lii

Miley Ann said...

Thank you for checking to see if I have a blog! Hunting Lila was a really good book. It was about a girl moving from the UK over to California to escape from a secret "talent". Her brother and his best friend (who is also her childhood and still crush) live in California and work for a special unit of the FBI. It's such a good book! I really recommend it.

Splintered was also really good. I was my first Alice in Wonderland adaption book so I don't have anything to compare it too but I thought it was an interesting take on the story! I enjoyed it :)
Also, I just ordered Insanity by Cameron Jace and can't wait to read that one. Looks like I've caught onto the Alice fever! haha

Let me know if you need anything too (I don't know many other book blog owners either). I also recognize you from goodreads because we're friends on there too :)
Thank you for following me!
Emily

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.