Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

Sunday, February 9, 2014



Hi everyone! Friday night I started and finished Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. It was so good, I couldn't put it down! After reading the synopsis on goodreads I had to request to read the ebook on netgalley. Thanks to Strange Chemistry, I was able to read this book sooner than later! It's about trolls and as I love The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, trolls are right up my alley.

Cecile de Troyes is kidnapped on the day she was supposed to move to the city to be a singer like her mother. Her kidnapper brings her to the Trollus which is a city inhabited by trolls under the Forsaken mountain. Cecile is the trolls hope to break the curse a witch put on Trollus which makes it so the trolls can't leave Trollus. Cecile is married and bonded to their prince, Tristan, in order to hopefully break this curse. Well, it doesn't work and that's when the real story begins.

I loved the relationship between Cecile and Tristan. It at first is obviously rocky considering Cecile was kidnapped but it progresses throughout the story into something great. I loved that instead of rejecting the world Cecile was trapped in, she ends up trying help save the half-trolls (who are slaves).
I read this book in one night, even though I had to wake up at 5 the next morning, because it was just that good. I wanted to know what happened next. I cannot wait for the next book to come out!
Well done Ms. Jensen.

I gave the book 4 out of 5 stars because I felt the story was a bit jumped into a first but then the rest of it was amazing.

I hope you have a great day!
Emily

*I received a free copy of this book on netgalley from Strange Chemistry in return for an honest review

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.