February Wrap Up & March TBR

Saturday, March 1, 2014

I've read a total of 8 books this month, which means I've read 16 books out of the 75 books in my 2014 challenge! This month had some really good books in it! I also rediscovered my love for historical fiction this month. So, without further ado, here's the books I read in February:



Twigs was a first-reads book I won off of goodreads! It was my first book I ever won and I was so excited! I think I'm going to put up a seperate review on this book as it was a special book, so I won't talk much about it here. It was enjoyable but I couldn't bring myself to give it 4 stars so I gave it 3.5 stars on goodreads. It was a story that deals with some serious issues but it was still a fun read with funny mishaps along the way!



Cress is the third book in the Lunar series by Marissa Meyer. I already did a review of this book so if you want to know more, check that out! I gave it 4 stars on goodreads.





I gave Very Bad Things 3.5 stars on goodreads. It's a New Adult book from a self-published author. So if you like new adult books, you should check this one out! (review on blog)






I read the Princess in the Opal Mask this month and I gave it a 3.5 stars! Definitely recommend if you like a light read of historical fiction. (review on blog)

                               



Endless is a story another historical fiction novel. This one is based on the story of the last Russian Tsar's family. I gave this one 3.5 stars. (review on blog)






Stolen Songbird is tied with Cress as my second favorite novel of this month. I was fortunate enough to receive a digital copy of this book on netgalley! This book has trolls and a strong female protagonist. I gave it 4 stars! (review on blog)







Last, but definitely not least, I read Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. Even though Cress and Stolen Songbird were great novels, Edenbrooke ended up as my favorite of this month. Have I mentioned that my all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice? I think I mentioned it in my about me section. Anyways, I love me some regency historical romance such as Pride and Prejudice. Edenbrooke is probably my favorite contemporary regency historical fiction novel. It's so good. It's about a girl named Marianne who has a twin sister named Cecily. After her mother dies, Marianne is shipped off to her Grandma's in the country and Cecily stays at her aunt's in London. Marianne, though she loves her Grandma, isn't happy living there. Luckily a close friend of her mother's invites her and Cecily to stay the summer at her estate, Edenbrooke. This is where Marianne meets the male lead Phillip. That's when all the fun starts. Like I said before, I love regency historical fictions and this book just reminded me how much. Seriously one of my favorite books so far this year. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars AND put it on my favorites self on goodreads :).




As for my TBR, I'm reading the first book in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy called The Final Empire. I'm already on page 174, and let me tell you, I can hardly put this book down! It's so good already! That's all I really have planned to read this month, as I usually pick what books I read by my mood. I don't really plan them!




I hope you have a lovely day!
Emily














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.