Twigs by Alison Ashley Formento Review

Saturday, March 1, 2014



As I mentioned in my wrap up post, I decided to review Twigs more thoroughly. I won this book off of goodreads! It was the first book I ever won! Since then I've won one more book and a review will be put up as soon as I'm done reading it. Anyways, let's talk about Twigs!

Twigs was a surprise in a good way for me. When you look at it's goodread ratings, it has a respectable 3.10. However, I tend to read books that are at least 3.5 and higher. Well, I'm glad I won this book as I had the chance to read a book I might have missed out on!

Madeline "Twigs" Henry is the main character (hence Twigs, I know I point out the obvious sometimes). She received the nickname Twigs when she was born prematurely and has grown up to be a short, small girl. Twigs just graduated high school and is now about to start community college in the next town over. Her brother is in Iraq, her younger sister is a diva, and her dad is MIA. Twig's boyfriend Brody just went away to college and she works at a pharmacy she can't stand. Twigs has some issues as you can tell. However, she stumbles her way through those issues in the book and she ends up a stronger person. I liked her character development. My favorite character in this novel though is Helen. Twigs meets Helen at the pharmacy when Helen decides to have a fit in the hair dye section of the store (she even gets some hair dye in Twigs hair). Helen had this meltdown because she just found out that her husband was cheating on her. Helen's character was a natural source of humor throughout the book, though Twigs has her funny moments too.

It's just a cute story about a girl who struggles with her family, boyfriend, and her future and tries to end up on top at the end. I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I did and I think this book deserves a higher rating than it has on goodreads. It does has it's faults. The book kind of jumps around and it makes the plot a little crazy but crazy might just be a theme of this book. Helen's crazy, Twig's crazy, her family's crazy, it's just a crazy funny story.
I gave this book a 3.5 on goodreads.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Emily

*I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and in return, have given this book an honest review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Emily's Novel Adventures 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.